OPEN INVITATION TO SINGERS AND STRING PLAYERS!
I'm excited to be working with Scott Johnson on his social musical initiative, World Singing Day! He wrote this year's World Singing Day's Song of the Year to the tune of Beethoven's "Ode to Joy." We're holding a recording party on April 30 right here in Longmont to create the soundtrack for this year's World Singing Day event. Watch the video to learn more!
One of the best parts of being a music educator is listening to all different kinds of music. In my classes, I work to integrate a wide variety of musical sounds into each of my lessons. Marching band songs, African drumming, piano concertos and acapella music are just a few of the genres I recently put into one of my classes. The children (and their families) delight in the mood that each song seems to set at the very first downbeat. Whether they hear fairies springing out of a flower blossom or elephants marching across the Sahara, songs paint pictures and elicit images for people.
I recently put together a short list of songs for parents to listen to with their students after one of my classes.
If you're ready to start a new music tradition in your family room, maybe you'll find some inspirations here
to start that "Friday Night Living Room Dance Party!"
If you've got a favorite, send it to me! I always love to hear what other people are listening to out there.
Enthusic Music’s Fun Music Playlist
Look up these artists & songs on the internet or search for them at your local library.
- James Asher – Send in the Drums
- Brent Lewis – Jungle Sugar
- Go Fish – The Crazy Dance
- Greg & Steve – The Freeze
- Justin Timberlake – Can’t Stop The Feeling
- Andrew Lloyd Webber – Light at the End of the Tunnel
- Jesse McCartney – Get Your Shine On
- High School Musical Cast – We’re All In This Together
- Robert Schumann – The Wild Horseman
- Bill Haley & The Comets – Rock Around the Clock
- Up With People – Ayiko
- John Phillip Sousa – Stars & Stripes
- John Phillip Sousa – Washington Post March
- Ludwig Beethoven – Symphony No. 5
- Scott Joplin – The Entertainer
- John Williams – The Olympic Fanfare
- EY Harburg & Harold Arlen – We’re Off to See the Wizard
- Alan Menken & Stephen Scwartz – Happy Working Song
- Phil Collins – Sussudio
- Gloria Estefan – Get On Your Feet
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Bond – Allegretto
- Jonsi – Where No One Goes
- Johnny Bregar – Arkansas Traveler
- Sara Bareilles – Brave
Try and expose your kids
to a wide variety of music
even if some of it is
not your favorite kind of music.
They deserve to hear
all kinds of musical styles
and decide for themselves
whether they like it or not.
Online registration is now open for my summer music exploration classes down at the Creation Station in downtown Longmont. For detailed class descriptions and class schedule, check out my brochure here.
When you click on this registration link, enter ENTHUSIC in the 'keyword search' and a list of my classes should pop right up.